Sustainability at Yellowstone
Rest Easy... We're working to take care of YOU and OUR environment.
Through GreenPath®, our environmental management system, Delaware North is committed to minimizing our environmental footprint, strengthening local economies, and respecting unique wildlife, history, and culture. Our hotels and cabins in West Yellowstone, and our Yellowstone General Stores inside the Park, recently won a 2018 Montana EcoStar Award! Some of the highlights include zero waste at our Yellowstone General Stores, fuel efficiency at Yellowstone Vacation Tours, and our various environmental programs implemented at our hotels and cabins (shower conservation, recycling programs, etc).
Here are a few ideas to Green Your Vacation while visiting us:
- Turn off your lights, appliances, and electronics when not in use
- Shorten your shower by 5 minutes and save over 10 gallons of water
- Hang your towel and participate in our linen recycling program
- Purchase a reusable water bottle and fill up at any of our hydration stations
- Utilize a reusable bag for all of your shopping trips
- Utilize our easy-sort recycling containers throughout all our hotels and general stores
- Look for nutritious and wholesome meal options on our menus
- Purchase local and organic food and beverage options when possible
- Purchase local or regional products to support the local economy
- Check out locally-owned shops throughout West Yellowstone and get to know community members
- Take part in our various educational programs (including tours of the Million Dollar Room)
- Support the National Park Service through donation and volunteerism