Yellowstone Vacations Snowmobile Rentals
Please check back in November for an update on snowmobile availability for National Forest rentals.
Due to limited supply from our snowmobile manufacturer, we are unsure about availability for the Winter 2021-2022 season.Yellowstone Vacation Tours is located at 415 Yellowstone Ave, West Yellowstone, MT 59758
- Available December 15, 2021 through March 15, 2022*
- Reservation Hours: 8 AM - 7 PM.
- Rental Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM, seven days a week.
- Damage Waiver (optional): All liquid cooled sleds = $750 deductible, $25 per day
- Deposit: Credit card is required on all models for all dates.
- Cancellation: A minimum of 14 days' notice is required for a refund.
- Gas: We supply one tank of gas.
- All Snowmobile Rentals, both inside and outside of Yellowstone National Park: Must be 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license to drive a snowmobile. Valid driver's license must be PRESENT at the time of the snowmobile rental to be able to drive.
- Group Reservations: Call Group Sales at 800-426-7669.
- Rental rates do not include applicable tax of 4%, lunch, clothing, gratuity, or Yellowstone National Park entry fees.
Interested in a tour of Yellowstone National Park?Renting a snowmobile on your own is great fun, but some visitors don't realize that you need to be part of a guided tour to drive into the Park. If you are interested in a snowmobile trip into Yellowstone National Park, please consider one of our guided Snowmobile Tours!
The town of West Yellowstone is known for many things, mostly our close proximity to the western entrance to Yellowstone National Park. But did you also know that West Yellowstone is known as one of the best snowmobile locations in North America? It's true! Some even go so far as to call us the "Snowmobiling Capital of the World"! Due to our high elevation and our yearly average of over 200 inches of snowfall, the snowmobile season starts early and runs long; generally before and after the roads in Yellowstone National Park are open for oversnow travel. And, with literally HUNDREDS of miles of trails to choose from - some of which start right here in town - it's no wonder why snowmobile enthusiasts flock to West Yellowstone every winter.
When snowmobiling through the Park, there are many regulations that must be adhered to, including speed limit, required guide, riding formation, and the type of snowmobile that can be used. Outside the Park, however, the sky is the limit! Choose from any of our models you like, pick out a trail that suits your riding skill level, and off you go. Before you depart, one of our professional licensed guides will give you a free orientation on the snowmobile you select, ensuring that you know how to operate each of the simple controls so that you can have a safe and fun journey exploring the surrounding National Forests on your own.
West Yellowstone Snowmobile Trails
A wide range of groomed and ungroomed trails are available for riders of all skill levels, from beginner to intermediate to advanced. The popular Rendezvous Trail system is located just blocks away from our headquarters in West Yellowstone, or you can check out any of the others that run through the nearby Custer Gallatin, Beaverhead-Deerlodge, and Caribou-Targhee National Forests. Just a couple of popular examples are:
- Madison Arm Loop - 20 miles; located northwest of West Yellowstone, groomed, great for beginners, with views of Hebgen Lake and the south fork of the Madison River.
- Two Top Trail - 30 miles; located in West Yellowstone, groomed, one of the most famous trails in North America, 2,000 feet elevation gain, with unique views of "snow ghosts" (trees caked in snow from the constant driving winds) and surrounding mountain ranges.
What to Wear / What to Bring
All snowmobile rentals require a DOT-approved helmet, but there is some additional equipment you will want for your safety and comfort: a full body snowmobile suit, insulated boots, and insulated gloves/mittens. Don't have your own snowmobile gear? Not to worry; Yellowstone Vacation Tours has everything you need! You can reserve snowmobile clothing when you make your reservation, and you will then be sized on-site when you arrive. With the gear described above, most riders will be comfortable enough wearing jeans, thermal underwear, and a long sleeve shirt. You are welcome to dress warmer if you like, but we recommend dressing in layers so you can better regulate your own personal temperature. Some other items you may want to bring with you or purchase in advance include a boxed lunch, backpack, wool socks, balaclava (face mask), sunglasses or goggles, and of course your camera.
YELLOWSTONE SNOWMOBILE RENTAL RATES
Please Note: Due to limited supply from our snowmobile manufacturer, we are currently unsure of what models will be available for the 2022 season. However, the list below will give you an idea of what we typically offer.
Grand Touring 900 ACE**
Yellowstone Park Approved Electric Start - Single/Double: For the ultimate in touring luxury, the Ski-Doo Grand Touring has all the features and options you would expect to find. The 900 ACE engine, with the REV-XR chassis, is the perfect combination. Add rMotion rear suspension with the SilentDrive system, and you've got a quiet snowmobile with less vibration, creating a ride that is comfortable for hours. On top of being one of cleanest, quietest and most comfortable snowmobiles on the market, it also has hand and thumb warmers for the driver and passenger, extra-tall windshield, electric start and reverse. Touring perfection!
**NOTE: All sleds entering Yellowstone National Park must be approved 4-strokes.
Ski-Doo Renegade Sport
600 ACE engine * electric start * reverse * 137" track * lots of bang for the buck.
Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline
900 ACE engine * electric start * reverse * rear view mirrors * 137" track
High Performance Single
YELLOWSTONE SNOWMOBILE SALES
If you're more interested in buying than renting, Yellowstone Vacation Tours offers great machines in great condition, at great prices. The maintenance program we follow (every 1,000 miles) far exceeds original equipment manufacturers' recommendations. This maintenance program and our summer storage procedures are the reason for rental longevity, far exceeding the mileage you typically see "wear out" a privately owned machine. Plus, each snowmobile goes through a pre-delivery checklist before being shipped. Buyers of our machines will receive a copy of our procedures, and if closely followed, they can greatly extend the life of their snowmobiles.
YELLOWSTONE SNOWMOBILE DISCOUNTS AND DELIVERY COSTS
Buying your snowmobiles in bulk? We offer volume discounts on snowmobiles so you get more thrill for less cash:
- Purchase between 2-5 snowmobiles, receive $50 off each.
- Purchase between 6-10 snowmobiles, receive $100 off each.
- Purchase between 11-20 snowmobiles, receive $150 off each.
If you plan on purchasing more than 21 snowmobiles, call Yellowstone Vacations at 800-426-7669.