West Yellowstone Jobs
Yellowstone Vacations is proud to operate the following hotels, cabins, and tours in West Yellowstone, MT
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone
- Delaware North built and opened the Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone in July of 2013. This is a limited service cabin property with 50 units. This location has approximately 15 summer associates.
- Summer season start dates range from mid-April to late May; end dates range from late September to late October.
- The Gray Wolf Inn and Suites was purchased by Delaware North in May of 2010. This is a limited service hotel with 105 guest rooms. This location has approximately seven year-round associates, and 20 summer seasonal associates.
- Summer season start dates range from early May to early June; end dates range from late September to late October.
- The Yellowstone Park Hotel was purchased by Delaware North in May of 2010. This is a limited service hotel with 64 guest rooms. This location is not open during the winter and has approximately 15 summer associates.
- Summer season start dates range from mid-April to late May; end dates range from late September to late October.
- Delaware North purchased the Holiday Inn® West Yellowstone in 2009. This is a full-service hotel with 123 guest rooms and a 206-seat restaurant and bar called The Branch Restaurant and Bar, which was recently renovated during the Winter/Spring of 2014. This location has approximately 40 year-round associates, 30 winter seasonal associates and 50 summer seasonal associates.
- Winter season dates are mid-December to mid-March.
- Summer season start dates range from mid-April to early July; end dates range from early September to late October.
- Yellowstone Vacation Tours offers snowmobile and snowcoach tours in Yellowstone during the winter months and bus tours through Yellowstone in the summer!
- Purchased in December 2016, Yellowstone Vacation Tours is Delaware North's newest acquisition in West Yellowstone.
- Winter season dates are from early December through mid-March.
- Summer season dates range from early May through October.
Appearance StandardsPresenting the best possible image to the public is of the utmost importance. As members of our professional team, all associates must present a clean, well-groomed appearance at work unless otherwise protected by law. Associates must arrive in accordance with the standards or expect to be denied check-in until they are in compliance. The standards must be maintained throughout the season.
Lodge Appearance Standards
The impression that we make on our guests is very important. Remember, you may be the first contact that a guest has with our operations; therefore, we want to make sure that it is a good and lasting impression.
- Unless otherwise protected by law, hair is to be clean, neatly groomed, and of a "natural" color.
- Fad hairstyles, including but not limited to dreadlocks and mohawks, are prohibited.
- Long hair for male associates must be restrained.
- Long hair for female associates may need to be restrained, depending on the associate's job, in order to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Beards and mustaches are to be established prior to the operating season. All beards and mustaches must be trimmed to a half-inch maximum length.
- An associate who has not established a mustache or beard prior to the operating season will be required to be clean-shaven daily throughout the season.
- Sideburns are to be straight and no longer than the bottom of the ear.
- Goatees are allowed.
- "Soul Patches" are allowed.
- Mustaches may extend 1/2-inch below the corner of the lips.
- Tattoos are to be discreet and non-offensive. Exposed tattooed areas of more than two square inches in total are to be covered by proper work attire.
- Piercing is allowed through the ears only. No more than one per ear.
- Conservative earrings (no larger than a dime), rings, necklaces, and bracelets are permitted so long as they do not interfere with the safety of the associate.
- I-9 Documentation: The federal government requires all new and returning associates to present valid documentation of identity and employment-eligibility to work within the United States. Acceptable documentation includes, but is not limited to: a valid U.S. passport or a picture ID such as a valid driver's license, as well as proof of eligibility such as an original Social Security card. Duplicated or faxed documentation is not acceptable. Associates will not be permitted to begin work without required documentation.
- E-Verify: Delaware North participates in E-Verify, which is an Internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of its newly hired associates.
- Drug-Free Workplace: Delaware North at Yellowstone is committed to providing a drug-free workplace. Our objectives are to provide a safe work environment that is free from the effects of drugs and to protect the company's assets and its sensitive and fragile surroundings from damage.
- Background Check Policy: Prior to employment, Yellowstone Vacations requires candidates to pass a background check.
Housing & TechnologyHousing
- Fully furnished, shared apartment style housing is available for Yellowstone Vacations associates. Apartments are either two bedroom one bath, two bedroom two bath, or one bedroom one bath. Each apartment has two-to-four occupants depending on the number of bedrooms. All apartments are fully furnished including dishes, pots, pans, and bed linens, and have full kitchens. There is a shared coin-operated laundry facility in the complex. All associates living in company housing are required to pay a refundable $200 housing deposit prior to their employment start dates. All apartments are non-smoking. Guests, family members, and pets are not permitted in employee housing.
- WiFi is not included in the cost of your rent. However, if you wish to get WiFi hooked up in your apartment, you can do so by contacting the local provider and paying on your own. There is a public library and several Internet cafes in West Yellowstone.
International EmploymentInternational students with J-1 visas are an important part of our summer staff! Students interested in working for Yellowstone Vacations should contact our participating sponsor, CIEE, for more information about visa and date eligibility requirements.
MedicalThere is a health clinic in West Yellowstone which is open seven days per week during the summer season and four days per week the rest of the year. The nearest hospitals are located in Bozeman, Montana (90 miles from West Yellowstone) or Idaho Falls, Idaho (110 miles from West Yellowstone). West Yellowstone Hotel associates are not eligible to participate in the Medcor program.
Recreation and BenefitsEnjoy the convenience of living in a small Montana town, while being just minutes away from the West Entrance to the nation's oldest national park! In the summer you can fish in the hundreds of miles of blue ribbon trout water surrounding West Yellowstone. Would you prefer stillwater fishing? At approximately 15 miles long and four miles wide, nearby Hebgen Lake is a premier stillwater fishing destination. Other activities available in the area include rafting, horseback riding, and endless opportunities for hiking. In the winter you can explore hundreds of miles of snowmobiling and cross-country skiing trails. If you enjoy downhill skiing or snowboarding, West Yellowstone is just 55 miles from Big Sky, home to some of the most diverse skiing and snowboarding trails among breathtaking vistas.
- Retail Discounts: All Yellowstone Vacations associates receive a 30% discount on certain items in the Yellowstone General Stores located throughout the Park. Must show employee ID to receive discount.
- Restaurant Discounts: All associates receive a 15% discount at The Branch Restaurant & Bar. All Yellowstone Vacations associates receive a 50% discount on shift meals. These discounts exclude alcohol. Must show employee ID to receive discount.
UniformsYellowstone Vacations Hotels
- Uniform shirts will be provided and will be issued at the time of hire. You are responsible to provide black slacks, black shoes (closed toe and covering the back of the foot), and black socks as part of your uniform. Jeans, cargo pants, leggings, capris, or extreme fitted pants are not permitted, nor are sandals or strapped shoes. You are responsible to maintain your uniform in assuring the uniform is clean, neat, and non-wrinkled. Kitchen associates will be provided with a full kitchen uniform but are required to provide kitchen non-skid black shoes. In addition, all associates are required to wear the provided nametag as part of the uniform.
- Uniform shirts will be provided and will be issued at the time of hire. You are responsible to provide blue jeans that are in good condition and neutral colored shoes (closed toe and covering the back of the foot) as part of your uniform. Cargo pants, leggings, capris, or extreme fitted pants are not permitted, nor are sandals or strapped shoes.
Work Schedule and WagesAll applicable federal and state hours and wage laws are followed. Our locations are open seven days a week; accordingly, work schedules vary and employees can expect to be scheduled any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Wages: The wages for our seasonal positions range from $8.30 to $11.15 per hours; a few positions offer a higher wage.
- Paychecks: Hourly associates are paid weekly. The pay period is Monday through Sunday, with paychecks distributed the following Friday. Upon receipt, associates must sign for their own paycheck, verifying their hours worked.
- Payroll Deductions: The predetermined apartment charge and security deposit charge will be deducted weekly from your paycheck.
- Direct Deposit: a direct deposit payroll option is available and recommended for all employees. It may take up to two pay periods to implement.
- Check Cashing: Paychecks may be cashed at local banks for no charge.
What to BringWhat you bring depends in part on how you plan to enjoy West Yellowstone, but everyone should bring the following items:
- Valid identification: You will need it for employment verification.
- Cold and warm weather clothing: Our weather changes fast here; plan to bring a little bit of clothing for a wide variety of temperatures.
- Towel, washcloth, and extra blanket
- Alarm clock
- Laundry soap
- Required clothing for your uniform
- Comfortable shoes for work and play
- Extra cash: Payroll deductions take care of your room and board charges, but you may want cash for personal spending. Pay periods are Monday through Sunday, with paychecks issued the following Friday. If you wish to set up a direct deposit you will need to provide a voided check or other verification of your bank account.
- Hiking and/or camping gear: Water bottle, backpack, hiking boots & socks, gloves, rain gear, flashlight, tent, sleeping bag, stove, etc.
- Camera and binoculars for sightseeing
- Fishing gear
- Bicycle and helmet (bikes are allowed on established roads, but prohibited on backcountry trails and boardwalks)
- Softball glove
- Music and/or instrument
- Laptop computer
- Playing cards, books, puzzles
- Your private vehicle: although it's not necessary, you will have more flexibility to explore the area if you bring one.
Where to GoAll Yellowstone Vacations associates will receive direct communication from Human Resources before their scheduled arrival on housing assignments and where and when to check-in for their employment.
Questions?If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact our Human Resources Office.
West Yellowstone Hotels