Recreation and Benefits
YGS Recreation & Benefits
- Yellowstone Co-Op Employee Recreation Program (YCERP): YGS contributes money each year to support YCERP. This program provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities for all associates in the Park including softball, basketball, volleyball, ping pong, raft trips, guided hikes, photo contests, educational seminars, backpacking gear rental and others. Many program activities are free, while others have a small fee.
- NPS Interpretive Programs: The National Park Service also provides programs for visitors and employees in the Park and YGS associates are able to join their lectures, hikes and shows. These programs are available in each area from approximately June 15 through Labor Day. Most NPS visitor centers also have free museum displays explaining Park features or history to enhance your understanding of Yellowstone National Park.
- Yellowstone Association: Check out the Yellowstone Association for field seminars, classes and other exciting, educational activities.
- Store Discounts: YGS associates receive a 30 percent discount on many items.
- Free entry to YNP: As a YGS associate, you’ll receive season-long free entry into both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park.
- Reduced-cost Medical Services: A minimal (required) payroll-deduction fee allows seasonal staff in Yellowstone to receive reduced-cost treatment at in-Park Medcor clinics. (Private insurance and Medicare are still considered primary.)
Enjoy the convenience of living in a small Montana town, while being just minutes away from the West Entrance to the nation’s oldest national park! In the summer you can fish in the hundreds of miles of blue ribbon trout water surrounding West Yellowstone. Would you prefer stillwater fishing? At approximately 15 miles long and four miles wide, nearby Hebgen Lake is a premier stillwater fishing destination. Other activities available in the area include rafting, horseback riding and endless opportunities for hiking. Many associates enjoy going shopping in Bozeman on their days off. There is a shuttle that goes from West Yellowstone to Bozeman every Tuesday and Thursday for just $10 round trip! In the winter you can explore hundreds of miles of snowmobiling and cross-country skiing trails. If you enjoy downhill skiing or snowboarding, West Yellowstone is just 55 miles from Big Sky, home to some of the most diverse skiing and snowboarding trails among breathtaking vistas.
- Retail Discounts: All lodge associates receive a 30 percent discount on certain items in the Holiday Inn® West Yellowstone gift shop and at the Yellowstone General Stores located throughout the Park. Must show employee ID to receive discount.
- Restaurant Discount: All associates receive a 15 percent discount at The Branch Restaurant and Bar. All Holiday Inn® associates receive a 50 percent discount on shift meals. These discounts exclude alcohol. Must show employee ID to receive discount.