Appearance StandardsPresenting the best possible image to the public is of the utmost importance. As members of our professional team, all associates must present a clean, well-groomed appearance at work unless otherwise protected by law. Associates must arrive in accordance with the standards or expect to be denied check-in until they are in compliance. The standards must be maintained throughout the season.
YGS Appearance Standards
- Personal cleanliness – Unless otherwise protected by law, associates must bathe and use deodorant before coming to work. Body odor, excessive perfumes or fragrances can be very offensive and should be avoided.
- Hair – Unless otherwise protected by law, male associates’ hair may extend to mid-ear, and may be on the forehead, but not covering the eyebrows; it may cover the back of the neck, but not the top of a conventional shirt collar. Unless otherwise protected by law, female associates' hair must be neatly styled and in a conservative manner. The style should not permit the hair to fall over the face while performing normal job duties; if so, it must be restrained. Unless otherwise protected by law, hair coloring for all associates will be conservative; only natural colors will be allowed, and one color only.
- Sideburns – Unless otherwise protected by law, sideburns must be straight and may extend to the bottom of the ears.
- Mustaches and beards – Unless otherwise protected by law, mustaches and beards grown prior to arrival are permitted. Mustaches must be neatly trimmed and cannot extend below the upper lip; beards must be closely trimmed to approximately one inch in length. Unless otherwise protected by law, associates arriving without facial hair will not be allowed to grow it during the season.
- Tattoos – Unless otherwise protected by law, all tattoos must be covered, or be conservative in nature. If you have questions regarding the appropriateness of a specific tattoo, please contact Human Resources.
- Jewelry – Unless otherwise protected by law, only conservative accessories may be worn with the uniform and are at the discretion of management, especially when they create a safety hazard. Unless otherwise protected by law, while at work, facial jewelry is limited to two earrings per earlobe which do not exceed one inch in length/diameter (quarter-size). Visible body piercing, including the tongue, is not permitted while on duty.
The impression that we make on our guests is very important. Remember, you may be the first contact that a guest has with our operations; therefore, we want to make sure that it is a good and lasting impression. We require that all associates maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance and conduct themselves in a reasonable and considerate manner at all times while on duty and when in uniform off duty. Therefore, associates who groom themselves or who dress (including jewelry, perfumes/scents, etc.) in a manner that might reasonably be considered by your supervisor, guests or other members of the public to be extreme, offensive, revealing, distracting, unsafe or is otherwise inappropriate, is prohibited. Specific departments may reserve the right to maintain a stricter appearance standard. Unless otherwise protected by law, Hair is to be clean, neatly groomed and of a “natural” color:
- Fad hairstyles, including but not limited to dreadlocks and mohawks, are prohibited.
- Long hair for male associates must be restrained.
- Long hair for female associates may need to be restrained, depending on the associate’s job, in order to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Beards and mustaches are to be established prior to the operating season. All beards and mustaches must be trimmed to a half-inch maximum length.
- An associate who has not established a mustache or beard prior to the operating season will be required to be clean-shaven daily throughout the season.
- Sideburns are to be straight and no longer than the bottom of the ear.
- Goatees are allowed.
- “Soul Patches” are allowed.
- Mustaches may extend 1/2-inch below the corner of the lips.
- Tattoos are to be discreet and non-offensive. Exposed tattooed areas of more than two square inches in total are to be covered by proper work attire. Piercing is allowed through the ears only. No more than one per ear.
- Conservative earrings (no larger than a dime), rings, necklaces and bracelets are permitted so long as they do not interfere with the safety of the associate.