1) Yellowstone National Park Snowcoach TourSee Yellowstone like never before from the comforts of a snowcoach. Let us do the driving while you sit back and enjoy all of the beautiful scenery!
2) Snowmobile Tour through Yellowstone National ParkIf you want to try something more hands-on, take one of our Snowmobile Tours! Enjoy a guided tour with one of our knowledgeable guides or go exploring on your own! Take in the winter wonderland of Yellowstone and get the thrill of your trip out on the sled!!
3) Get Together at our CabinsOur Explorer Cabins play the perfect host for family/friend gatherings! Cozy up by our outdoor community fire pits (they are open year-round, and a complimentary S'mores kit is provided to all Explorer Cabin overnight guests) while staying just blocks from the Park's West Entrance. They are the perfect location and space for any occasion.
4) Snowshoeing & Cross-Country SkiingSnowshoeing and cross-country skiing offer a fun and easy way to see the Park in the winter. You are able to see parts of Yellowstone that you would not be able to from the road, and when you stay at our hotels and cabins you can hop on a groomed trail system (Rendezvous Ski Trails) that will give you access to gorgeous terrain. The trail system winds 35km through the Gallatin National Forest and offers easy to difficult tracks. This is an activity that is fun for the whole family!
5) Warm Up at The BranchAfter a long, cold day exploring, this is the perfect way to end your adventure: dinner and drinks at The Branch. The Branch Restaurant and Bar provides you with great meal and drink options located right in one of our hotels, the Holiday Inn® West Yellowstone.
6) Fat BikingFat biking... What is it? A fat bike is an off-road bicycle with oversized tires designed for low ground pressure to allow riding on soft unstable terrain like snow. With so much to see in and around West Yellowstone, a bike ride is an enjoyable way to get out and about. If you know how to ride a bicycle, you can ride a fat bike! This is a fun, adventurous way to explore this area!
7) Ice FishingHebgen Lake, just north of West Yellowstone, offers some of the best ice fishing spots around. Make sure to check out a fishing report before you head out!
8) Dog SleddingIf this is something you have always wanted to try, now is your chance! For a truly memorable experience, book a dog sled tour! There are many options as far as tours go, so make sure to check out what is being offered at the time of your trip.
9) Visit the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery CenterIf the weather outside is too cold, then head on over to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. This place is interactive and fun for the whole family! Located right in West Yellowstone, you are guaranteed to see animals.
10) SleddingAlways a winter favorite among kids and adults! Grab a sled and enjoy a day on the hills sledding! For families, make sure to check out Kids N' Snow in West Yellowstone. This happens one time every month during the winter months and provides fun activities your kids will enjoy!
These are our Top 10 reasons to come to West Yellowstone this winter. There are many more, so make sure to book a room today to discover all that West Yellowstone has to offer.
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites
Holiday Inn® West Yellowstone